15 Natural Cleaning Tips With Vinegar, Lemon And Baking Soda
Imagine an empty cleaning cupboard with a bottle of vinegar, a box of baking soda and some lemons.
Imagine your home clean and smelling fresh. It’s simple to do.
I got into natural homemade cleaners when my kids were little. I love the the fact that you can clean your home without it smelling like a bleach factory. I love that they are natural are not toxic and are cheap to make.
Give it a go.
Switch to these three cleaning basics to declutter your cleaning bucket and make organizing a cleaning routine easier.
Here are 15 cleaning tips with these three simple ingredients for the toughest cleaning.
Green Cleaning with Vinegar
How to make a citrus/vinegar household cleaner
Peel a lemon and put the skin in a jar, fill with vinegar and let set in a cool dry place for 10 days. Remove the lemon peel.The lemon oil will mix with the vinegar and add a fresh smell. Add water and put in a spray bottle. Use as needed.
How to make a homemade vinegar cleaner
Vinegar diluted with water is a good all purpose cleaner. The smell goes away when it dries. It can be used to clean many things in the bathroom and kitchen.
10 Vinegar cleaning tips
- Use it to clean the bathroom sinks, shower stall and toilet.
- Use vinegar with a dash of lemon as a safe disinfectant cleaner.
- 1 or 2 cups of vinegar run through a coffee pot will get rid of mineral deposits.
- Use 1/4 vinegar to 1 cup water to steam clean microwave.
- Run 1 cup of vinegar on a hot wash through your washing machine to get rid of any soap build up and clean out pipes.
- Equal parts white distilled vinegar and water make a cheap window cleaner.
- Spray mildew with diluted vinegar cleaner and then wipe.
- Use your water/vinegar cleaner in a spray bottle to brighten the chrome or steel in the kitchen.
- Vinegar makes a fantastic fabric softener and leaves no smell.
- Soak a piece of bread with vinegar and leave overnight to get the smell out of lunch boxes
Homemade cleaners with lemon
Lemons leave a beautiful fresh smell where ever you use them.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice with 1 cup olive oil makes a natural furniture polish.
- Lemon juice with baking soda cleans brass and copper
- Lemon juice disinfects bread boards and olive oil treats the wood
Natural cleaners with baking soda
- Baking soda scrubs surfaces like a non abrasive cleaner. Use it as a paste for tough stains.
- Clear blocked drains . Clear your blocked drain by putting baking soda in the drain and follow with around one cup of vinegar. Then pour a kettle of boiling water down the drain. Follow with another kettle of water if it is still blocked.